Thursday, November 02, 2006

Other people's babies..

My dad's leaving for five years. It should be okay. I mean, I'm the independant black sheep. Why would it be a problem. Besides, visiting London will be great. All that theatre, delicious pursuits that struggling artists only fantasize about.

I've lived alone for two years. Its been rough at first given that I was clueless about plumbers, potties, bills, other people's noisy animals/babies/ spouses..

Now I have sense, experience(I am FanTasTic at dealing with overflowing pipes)and a maid. Also, nice flat where my bathroom and bedroom are not roughly the same size, shape and colour.

The thing is, I need dad. In the same city, not too far away. Horrendously selfish I know but there it is. He's the place where I feel safest. He's the home I know will always take care of me. Or want to at any rate. He's also the one person who'll probably be completely okay with all my eccentricities. And not think of it as a middle ground.

So anyway, I love dad. And I'll miss him like crazy. We grew up together, a team, just the two of us. This is rotten luck.

4 comments:

Molly Bloom said...

Hello there therapy! Welcome to the blogworld. I love the idea of the female voices here. How wonderful. Nice to meet youxxx

Russell CJ Duffy said...

ditto molly's comments and as for for fixing household things, come round mine 'cos i'm crap!!

Woman?? said...

"
Ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
"

therapy said...

Molly and Cocaine- thanks for visiting. I enjoyed both your blogs plenty and will return.

Woman?? yeah...i guess so..except that I usually cant find most of my cutlery..