Saturday, December 02, 2006

Update..

Well, travel and much illness has followed me around faithfully.

Yesterday, for the first time in a very long time, I atually felt like I was recovering. I actually felt healthy. I kid you not, to someone who's been that ill, this is a step short of salvaton.

And a little sad because I was going to be letting go of a part of me that represented purity and innocence and a 3 centimetre dream that I suddenly, insanely wished was real.

I met family and friends and strangers who had watched me grow up. Most of them seemed unreal. Wanted to constantly know why I had grown so much. I kept explaining that tragically, there wasn't even a centimentre to add to the medium length that I'd been a year and a half ago. My grandmum thinks I'm too thin. Yet, she keeps bringing up strange men who've never met me, and insisting that the time is ripe to harvest with one of them.

My cousin looked pronouncedly happy as she declared me fatter from my last visit. Her pierced chin was the cause of many merciful distractions though.

I met a writer, who, lke most writers, seemed on the lookout for a readymade muse. Since I had only one small suitcase and a ticket back home, I think I fit the bill. He was interesting in that he seemed to be mesmerised by attributes that I am unfortunately certain I do not possess. However, he made my phonecalls back home more animated. He also gave me a book (The Edible Woman...yes, I have not yet lived that down) with the first page filled with suitably mournful prose and we parted on the note that I reminded him of his aunt.

I also discovered brightly coloured markets that were such a joy to trudge through. And I happily bought gifts at twice their price.

I'm back now. With lots to do and get done. Sigh.

4 comments:

vichchoobhai said...

Welcome back. Be healthy but dont bother too much about your height and weight. Revel in being what u r. And continue with yr lively posts.

The Wannabe Writer said...

This is V

Therapy, I'd say. shocking pink aside, you'd serve as a muse to most people...be it your sarcasm, or your ability to form a story out of a normal household occurance..but this is what I like about you...you don't seem to hunt for a muse...that mother of all muses..inspiration herself finds you at all points of time.

Cheers

V

Blue Floppy Hat said...

In all fairness, the blog is a bit like walking into a Pepto Bismol spill.... and why am I not surprised about the muse bit? The rate you're going, you'll out-muse Kate Moss pretty soon :) only please don't do cocaine or get waif-like.

therapy said...

V - thank ye sweetie. how fare the exams?

piggy - sigh. its true. barf.