Friday, March 28, 2008

Bye Bye Baby...

Moving into a new apartment...

I'm excited. Its a lovely space that I look forward to calling my own. It's also odd, the way my second flat was, with nooks and crannies that seem inexplicable and fun and the result of an architect's stab at having a good time induging the random quirk in an city that cant breathe. It's also...large. Not large. But feels large. A thousand square feet that will set me free and allow me to have the luxury of us wandering from one room to the other.(Us meaning Jam and I) I cant explain the miracle that is space for me.To have the freedom of defining one corner as my writing desk and the other for my afternoon attempts at yogic fitness. To have a hat stand, with all the hats I've collected...to have a favourite chair where I can breathe in my chai and cigarette...It's going to be the 4th flat I call my own, since I moved out...one for every year of independence...2 cities, four homes...and a truckload of memories...and maybe, I'll stay longer this time...

Goodbye old flat. I probably wont miss you because I'm not that kind of girl. But it was great. I'll always remember you. I've had some incredibly special moments with you. And some pretty extra special, crazy ones we wont tell anyone about. And I learnt how to be alone and not lonely in this city, with you. You're very good looking, and it felt right. Till last month.
It's not you, it's me.
I just need a little more room.

It's lovely, this bit. It makes me want (want) to get up early.

Earlier.

This bit is meant for me to write...but...


There's an orange cat downstairs and they sort of eyeball each other....
No, she never goes out/down.



My cluttered kingdom...


For J, who thinks I'm endearingly psychotic. And who immortalized the couch. Futon. Whatever.


It's very strange, this is the only picture I realize I took in my bedroom...



Ta...



Update : Please read this.

15 comments:

Monolith... said...

Nice! So...is there space for a rather fat man to stay for a few days if he comes there?

therapy said...

Oh lots. You can have your own room. And chicken curry for the soul;)

Btw the snaps are from the Old House. Coming soon is New House.

chaipatti said...

Stumbled upon your blog. Really nice.
:)

aria said...

good luck for the new place :) The old one seems awesome too .. quite colorful. I prefer to keep all windows in my room shut but I really liked the view through those large windows in the pictures.

Sine Qua Non said...

Flowers in the kitchen. That made me smile. Seemed to fit in somehow?

Love and luck to you and Jam for the big move. I always think moving is more exciting than traumatic. Have Fun!

Dredger said...

BTW dunno bout u but cats hate movin.. mine run away never to be found again! so good luck with that!

Mahima said...

Glad you're excited about yr new place! 1000 sq foot is gooood, woman. If I get that when we move to NY later this year (3rd year in US, 3rd apartment) I'll be thrilllled.

And I like your blog's new look.

Rimi said...

I can't decide between your bedroom and your cat. Utterly lovely, both. I take it Her Felineness is Jam?

Shadow Lor said...

KITTY!! lol, sorry. it looks very, very nice

Sine Qua Non said...

argh. come back already.

Herr Voss said...

h'm...this blog has died again, why?

vichchoobhai said...

If Rimi couldnot decide between the bedroom and the cat I cant decide between the cat and you nestling together. I envy Jam. Lucky cat!

On your breaking ice, sine when have u turned into an Ogden Nashfan?

I thought the ditty went like this

Wine is fine
Beer is queer
whiskey is risky
Gin is "in"
Rum is glum

Well, one has to break ice sometime.

After y ou shifted to Bombay, I shifted to Bangalore and am totally at sea int his mad mad city withunending traffic jams and megamalls with the neo rich splurging their money like nobody';s business.

Rae said...

Have fun! besta luck with the new flat!

Shilo Shiv Suleman said...

I like this cluttered kingdom of your own.
Grand Purple Thrones.
:O)

Hari Adivarekar said...

hey nice place ya...why have your posts become so few and far between... wags finger
:)