Monday, August 27, 2007

After all...

I'm supposed to feel a song
Pour fifty five tears down her reel.
The Boss is busy feeling up the fourth in line,
we're out fishing for the driver's wheel.

Complicated and all in knots,
the aftertaste of the unacquired taste.
Love's a bitch and wish you were here,
its fun when we make love in haste.

What's the problem, ask's Doctor Teeth
Would you prefer a life less lived?
Excuse my language, I quite like my frog
especially in his moments of Prince.

Jack tumbled down the hill last night,
Jill suffered vertigo in silence...
True love is far too much fun these days.
lets Bonnie and Clyde this past tense

Rigmarole and Routine eloped,
the last ones expected to pine.
Make tea in the mornings, then dinner past midnight
and retext me that fantastic line.

And what a surprise the Mad Hatter feigned,
a padlocked diary of barter?
Kisses and chants with five coconut bars
We're going to live happily ever after.

10 comments:

Hari Adivarekar said...

I can almost hear Dylan crooning this one. :)

therapy said...

heh... thanks.

this city brings many strange things together in the head.

Anonymous said...

I like it. A lot. :)

Blue Floppy Hat said...

I second that :)
And Doctor Teeth?

Monolith... said...

not sure i get it...but poetry was never my strong point! food is my personal poetry!

but as long as you find your last 3 words of the poem....life should be fine! and I have a feeling you will find it!!

Woman?? said...

Monolith:
You are are a romantic.
:)

Rae said...

bravo. i love this one.

vichchoobhai said...

Therapy! Bombay ( sorry Mumbai) has certainly wrought a change in your outlook.

Great poetry Therapy !

therapy said...

Mono, we all have our personal poetries. And they're all perfect:)

jvd said...

got the link from a friend ....
brilliant ....
paints the clouds a perfect shade of grey .....